1. About this policy
This policy sets out how Barwon Foods (ABN 65 578 731 957) collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Barwon Foods appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information.
When you engage Barwon Foods to provide you with any goods or services, or communicate with Barwon Foods through email, by telephone, in writing, or use any of Barwon Foods other services, including the Barwon Foods websites, you agree to the
use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
2. The purpose for collecting your personal information
Barwon Foods collects personal information, such as:
- name, address, telephone number, email address;
- your bank account details and credit card information;
- user ID’s and passwords;
- any goods or services provided to you;
- records of your communications with Barwon Foods;
- website usage information.
Barwon Foods will generally collect and use your personal information for the primary
- Barwon Foods general business operations;
- providing you with Barwon Foods goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires about our goods and services;
- meeting Barwon Foods legal and regulatory requirements;
- conducting, improving and developing a business relationship with you;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional
- notices and offers); and
- improving Barwon Foods website.
- Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for Barwon Foods operations;
- by lawful and fair means; and
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned.
Barwon Foods takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the Barwon Foods employee/representative collecting the information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
3. How we may use and disclose your personal information
- for the primary purposes for which it was collected;
- where you would reasonably expect this;
- where you have consented;
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- for direct marketing by Barwon Foods, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Barwon Foods includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
Barwon Foods does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Barwon Foods will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
4. Accurate and up-to-date information
Barwon Foods takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the data come to its attention.
Barwon Foods disregards information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
5. Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Barwon Foods website or use an application on the Barwon Foods website, Barwon Foods may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
Barwon Foods also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Barwon Foods website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
6. Security of your personal information
Barwon Foods protects your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
7. Dealing with unsolicited information
Barwon Foods takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
8. Access to your personal information
Barwon Foods acknowledges that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below.
9. Anonymity when dealing with Barwon Foods
Barwon Foods allows you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with it, only where practicable.
11. Collecting sensitive information
Barwon Foods does not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers) to identify individuals.
12. Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries or complaints about privacy issues to our:
18 – 20 Donga Road
North Geelong Vic 3215
Phone: (03) 52 786 433
13. How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on Barwon Foods website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.